I really don't have a clue what caused a complete change in my attitude today, but I woke up in a great mood . I've been happy all day and it's almost 9pm. It's like I took a happy pill or something (nope, no drugs or alcohol here). Yesterday I was blue, sad, depressed and hating my life. Today it's all good.
Not one thing has changed since yesterday, what was bad yesterday is still just as bad today. In fact, some things are worse. The pain in my side came back full force at 3pm. It was gone exactly 24 hours. So much for jogging being the magic pill. Then my kitty had to to go to the emergency vet this morning with a fever of 107.4. Yup, I took his temp, just like a baby, with the thermometer in his bottom (with the help of a little KY jelly). He was so sick he didn't care what I did to him. He's still in the animal hosptial on IV fluids and antibiotics. The last time this happened about a year and half ago the vet bill was $1,200 when they completed every test they could think of (and then some), only to tell me they didn't know what was wrong with him. He was perfectly healthy 24 hours later. I should be upset, but I'm not. I know he'll be fine, it's just some weird infection that a lot of money and a good vet can fix.
I've been feeling happy all day, almost euphoric. Nothing is bugging me, and no one has annoyed me. A rare occurence for me on any day. Whatever is causing this feeling of euphoria, I wish I could bottle it up and save it for a day like I had yesterday. I actually wrote in my journal yesterday "I hate my life!". Today I feel like I actually have a pretty good life. I have a lot of things for which I'm thankful (like being able to afford a $1,200 vet bill).
Perhaps I'm bipolar, or manic depressive, or have some other undiagnosed mental illness. Regardless, today I'm just happy to be happy.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Oh happy Day!
Posted by Diana at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I'm so happy for you, Diana! We all deserve days like this and I, too, wish you could bottle whatever it is that caused it and spread some my way! I'm sorry to hear that your pain is back and about your kitty and will be praying for you both. Take care of yourselves and get some rest!
And Diana, if your pain gets to be too bad, don't be afraid to go to the ER, please!
Pamela - thanks so much for the prayers. They worked! Kitty and me are fine. You must have an "in" with God. :)
~Diana
Post a Comment