Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Is there something in the water?

Almost everyone I know that's trying to lose weight is struggling right now. It seems like every weight loss blog I read talks about how hard this is and how easy it would be to just give up. My three friends that joined Weight Watchers with me completely gave up. One came back last night to the meeting, she's exactly where she was when she started. She told me it's just so hard, I could tell her heart wasn't in it. I don't expect to see her there next week.

I know it's hard, it's really, really hard. We all joke that it's not rocket science, we all know what we need to do. It's a simple formula really, eat less, move more. It couldn't get any easier, yet this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Now my body is fighting me every step of the way. It wants food, lots of forbidden food. It's lazy, it doesn't 'feel' like exercising. I talk about my body in the third person because lately it's doesn't seem to be a part of me, it has it's own agenda. To stay fat and get fatter. It's like something broke inside of me.

So far I haven't completely lost control, but I feel like I'm slipping. I'm not going to the gym as much and sometimes I don't journal (okay, a lot of times I don't journal). I haven't even weighed in this week at Weight Watchers, and Monday was my weighin day. I will weigh in soon, probably tomorrow, I just haven't been ready to see a possible gain.

I don't have the answer. I don't think any of us do. If we did, we'd bottle it up, sell it, and become rich. So what's my plan to get through this difficult phase? I guess I'm sort of like an alcoholic, I have to just take it one day at a time. Or as the infamous THEGR8SARA says on the WW 200+ Board, one minute at a time.

Exercise:
7/29/2008
30 mins. treadmill jogging
30 mins. strength training

I journaled all my food today!

1 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm lucky enough to be doing okay right now, but it wasn't that long ago that I was really struggling, too, so I understand what you mean! I also understand the part about talking about your body in the third person. I feel that way a lot, too.

It is entirely too easy to slip back into old habits. Sometimes, my mind starts to wander to all of the situations where I could gradually gain all of the weight back, and then I remember that I've posted about my journey for the world to see and shudder at the thought.

As you know, and have said, it's natural to go through these slumps. I know that you are going to get through this and come out guns blazing and put us all to shame! I have faith in you!