I hesitate to write about this because I've always had an aversion to people discussing their aches and pains, especially because it seems to be such an old person syndrome.
Unfortunately, I do have a pain in my lower right abdomen that won't go away. I've had it on and off since my last physical in February. My doctor instructed me to have a pelvic ultrasound at the time because she thought she saw a spot of blood in my uterus that shouldn't have been there. I ignored my doctor's orders and didn't have the ultrasound. She called me in May and said I really should have the ultrasound. Again, I ignored her. I ignored her because I think she's heavy handed with the tests she orders, just to be sure there's nothing wrong with me. She had the lab take SIX vials of blood and run numerous tests, only to find nothing wrong. What's even worse is I didn't complain of a single symptom (I didn't have the side pain yet). But because of my age (52) she wanted everything checked out. All the tests came back that I was fine.
But back to the pain in my lower right side. It hurts. In the beginning in March it only hurt a few times a day. About two weeks ago my husband caught me doubled over in pain and wanted to know what was wrong with me. I told him I just had a little pain in my side, nothing to worry about. When I doubled over again an hour later he insisted I make a doctor's appointment. My doctor is very popular and the first appointment I could get with her was next Friday, July 18.
Now I'm starting to worry because the pain has become constant. It's not unbearable, it just kind of hurts and makes it so I can't stand up. If I bend over it hurts less. It won't go away and it's annoying me. It's like something is continually pinching me, hard, on the inside. I'm thinking maybe I should have had that ultrasound, which I've now scheduled for the same day as my doctor's appointment.
Of course, I Googled 'lower right abdominal pain' and scared the bejesus out of myself. I could have anything from gas to pelvic cancer. I don't think it's gas, and I really don't think it's cancer, I think it's something in between those two. Whatever it is, it hurts like hell. I'm still going to go to the gym, if only I can stand up straight.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
If I should die before I wake
Posted by Diana at 3:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Never ever google your symptoms! Google is very pessimistic about those things. ;) Hopefully whatever it is will be taken care of asap! And your new picture looks great! You're doing awesome!
Post a Comment