Monday, July 14, 2008

Good news, bad news

Good News

Mickey Mouse is going to live (my cat), and it's only going to cost me about $500. Diagnosis after several tests - 'can't find anything wrong with him but his temperature is normal and you can pick him up tomorrow'. Of course, tomorrow. Another night in the animal hospital for "osbervation". At least he's okay and it's not $1,200 this time. For a free, stray kitten that my husband brought home two years ago he's turned into one expensive cat.

I'm down two pounds this week. Total loss: 62.2

My current weight: 177

Pounds to lose to goal: 42

Bad News (sort of)

I saw a nurse practitioner today for my side/pelvic pain since the good doctor was too busy to see me. Her diagnosis, for what it's worth, is that I have an ovarian cyst. She gave me some pain pills and told me to follow through with my pelvic ultrasound on Friday, and then I have an appointment with my real doctor.

I Googled 'ovarian cyst' as soon as I got home. Sort of sounds like what I have. Doesn't sound serious at all. They usually go away on their own, or if not, I might need laparscopic, outpatient surgery. No big deal. I'm still jogging, doing the elliptical machine and weights. Strangely, that's the only time it stops hurting, when I'm exercising or when I'm absolutely not moving. Interesting how that works.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I'm so glad Mickey Mouse (what a great name) is going to be fine! But I'm still sorry to hear about your pain! I'm glad that it probably isn't anything too serious, and congratulations on your loss that week! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Diana said...

Pamela - thanks! My husband named my cat little Mick. He was suppose to be my husband's cat. When he became my cat after two weeks I changed it to Mickey and most of the time call him Mickey Mouse. He's the coolest cat in the world. Comes when he's called, always. And then he'll run up to me and lay down right at my feet. I've never seen a cat like him. I love him to pieces. :)
~Diana