Saturday night we saw "X-Files: I want to believe". I wanted to believe it wasn't as bad as it was...but it was pretty bad. It had great possibilities with the original cast, writers and director from the TV series but it fell short of my expectations (which were high, but it didn't even come close). And what the hell happened to gorgeous David Duchovny? Ewww! I'd give the movie about a C.
Tonight we saw "The Dark Knight". We were actually going to see Journey to The Center of the Earth but found out at the last minute it wasn't in 3-D at our local theatre.
I have never been a fan of any of the Batman movies. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one at the theatre, and I can't remember watching an entire Batman movie on DVD. Usually because I hated them and got up to do something else, anything else to avoid being tortured by those dreadful Batman movies. The only reason I agreed to see this one is because of Pamela's review.
Well, guess what? I LOVED THIS MOVIE! I fell in love with Christian Bale (where has this gorgeous hunk been all my life?), and Heath Ledger, oh my God, he was the perfect Joker. About 100 times better than Jack Nicholson, who I couldn't stand playing that character. I thought this was just the coolest movie ever. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, totally entertained. I can't say enough good stuff about this movie. I give it a solid A.
My husband hated it. He said it was too violent and too dark. Huh? Sometimes I think I really am the guy in this relationship.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
A movie weekend
Posted by Diana at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
We were thinking of going as a family (which we only do on special occasions - otherwise too pricey). Think it's too much for an almost-12 year old girl? She's seen the first from a few years ago -- but I'm getting the impression this installment is even darker/more intense....
My husband's first comment when we exited the theatre after seeing Black Knight was, "I hope no one takes their kids to see that!". I have to agree with him, it's very violent, very dark, and very intense. That's why he didn't like it. Plus some of the special effects/makeup would give even an adult nightmares. But I seriously loved it. If you get a chance to see it at on the big screen, I'd say go, it's totally worth it. Stay away from X-Files (horrible, awful movie). I heard Journey to the Center of the Earth is really good, but only in 3D. Probably a good family flick.
Okay, Diana, I've called dibs, he's all mine!! :o) Isn't he gorgeous? I'm so glad that you enjoyed the movie. Have either of you seen the first one? I actually like it a bit better, and it's not quite as dark/violent, so maybe your hubby would like it better. But CB is just as gorgeous!
I'm sorry to hear that X-Files was so rotten! I'd been looking forward to seeing it, but now I'll wait until it goes to the Redbox rentals!
Oh, and you probably realized this, but by "the first one," I meant Batman Begins (CB's first Batman movie)
I tried going back and watching the original Batman after watching Batman Begins and couldn't even get through 20 minutes of it. It just seemed ridiculous.
Pamela - I didn't see the last Batman movie, Batman Begins. I was so disgusted with the ones I had seen that I couldn't bear the thought of watching another one. If it hadn't been for you, I would have missed this newest one too.
And oh yes, I love CB. He's a doll. So sexy!
Post a Comment