Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I dodged another bullet

I've been avoiding the scales like the plague. I have a thing about weighing myself, I usually weigh every day. I haven't set foot on my scale at home or the Weight Watchers scales for nine days, until this morning. I decided to just bite the bullet and get on the stupid scales. It couldn't hurt me, or could it? If I saw a big gain would that devastate me and throw me into a tailspin?

I haven't been completely OP during this past week, until yesterday, when something got me back on track. Nor have I journaled all week until yesterday. Exercise, I think I worked out five times in the last nine days. Very unusual for me, I usually exercise every day.

I feel like whatever was broken in me is fixed, at least temporarily. I think I'm back on track. I looked at the Weight Watcher schedule and there's a noon meeting tomorrow near my work. I'm going to do my official weekly weigh in then.

You're probably wondering what the "stupid" scale said this morning. It said I weigh exactly the same as I did nine days ago. I'm not disappointed, I'm thrilled I didn't gain anything. I deserved a gain, a big fat gain. True, I just threw away nine days that could have been used more wisely in getting to my weight loss goal, but on the other hand, it could have been a lot worse. I dodged yet another bullet on this journey.

Exercise:
7/30/2008
20 mins. stair climber (OMG!)
40 mins. weights

Journaled all my food again! Two days in a row now.

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Well, congratulations on not gaining! I think that's a major accomplishment. Any time we take "a break" from tracking our food and start slipping on the exercise, and don't have a big gain, I consider it a major success! Even if you don't feel like you were doing what you should have been doing, you were obviously doing better than you thought!

I don't know about you, but I also like to remind myself that before starting WW, I probably would have gained over those 9 days. So please don't consider them a waste! I know you're going to kick butt next week!