I want to preface this post with a big thank you to all the kind people out there in the blog world. Your supportive comments and emails these last few days meant the world to me. You touched my heart with your words, and I'll be eternally grateful for your kindness. Thank you! ~~Diana
And no, I didn't do THAT again. I'm not totally stupid. ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Weigh In 1/26/2008
Gained: +0.2 <---------I did this again, my exact weight gain last week
Current weight: 162.6
Total lost: 76.6
At this rate of gaining 0.2 pounds per week, I'll gain all my weight back in about seven years. Not much to say about that, except that I guarantee you it won't happen (as she chuckles to herself in the corner).
I exercised like a maniac last week, seven days with no days off. Maybe it's muscle weight gain. Yes, that's it, I'm sure that's what happened. That and the sweet potato addiction (over it), wine to self-medicate on Saturday (I rarely drink, empty calories, over it), and I didn't journal, not once (shame on me, I know better). No binges, I ate pretty clean (unless you count that bottle of wine), just too much food (and wine).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Setting Goals and Rewards
Tonight's Weight Watcher's meeting was awesome! Have I ever said how much I totally love my Weight Watcher leader? If I haven't, let me tell you...I LOVE Michael at Monday's 5:30pm meeting in Burien, Washington. Every week the place is packed, standing room only (usually at least 60 people).
I've listened to at least 15 different Weight Watcher leaders in my lifetime, maybe more. Unfortunately, some leaders are really awful, almost unbearable to listen to. Some leaders are okay, but Michael wins hands down as the best. Sitting in his meeting is akin to watching a stand up comic. The man is incredibly funny and entertaining, plus very knowledgeable and very encouraging. I adore him. He lost 100 pounds and has kept it off for ten years. He's a shining star.
The outstanding comment tonight was from Cara, total weight lost so far, 133 pounds in 132 weeks and she's very close to goal. She's young, maybe 26 and very pretty, inside and out. Her tip of the week, "don't ever give up, even when you think you can't do it anymore...keep trying". I couldn't have said it better myself.
The theme was setting goals, which reminded me when I was very successful and losing weight quickly at the beginning. I was always setting goals, daily, weekly and monthly. Not always weight loss specific goals, but goals of things I should be trying to do.
On a daily basis for the next week, I will:
* Journal, not just up until 3pm, but all day.
My weight loss goal this week:
* Aim to lose two pounds this week. Goal weight for 2/1/2008 is 160.6.
My monthly goal, that I will do every day this month:
This one is pretty lofty since I can't seem to do it two days in a row and it's probably the easiest thing in the world to do. I can get my butt to the gym every morning at 5am, but I can't seem to do this very small, yet very significant daily task.
*I will take my vitamins, Omega 3 fish oil capsules and calcium every day for 30 days. Why is this so hard for me?
I'm working on reward ideas. Anyone have any suggestions? What do you do for yourself if you meet a goal? I already do pedicures and manicures on a regular basis, so that wouldn't really be anything special for me. Maybe a massage?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Great Recipe
Fiber-ific Chicken Strips <---- click here for the recipe
I found this recipe in the Hungry Girl cookbook. Super easy and pretty tasty. Not gourmet cooking, more like those chicken strips you buy in the deli. Excuse me, I mean that you use to buy in the deli, but without the fat. Only 5 Points for a huge serving and totally worth it (14.8 grams of fiber thanks to the Fiber One breading).
I hope Lisa Lillien (Hungry Girl) forgives me for putting this out there, but if anything, it should encourage you to buy her Hungry Girl Cookbook. It's full of great tips on how to stay on track, plus lots of great low-calorie, low-fat recipes. If you buy the cookbook, she provides a link on her web site that has all the Point values. I highly recommend this cookbook.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's NSVs
Today two people, a male coworker and a lady at my Weight Watcher meeting (and I didn't even know her), told me I was getting "too skinny". It struck me as pretty funny, because it couldn't be farther from the truth since I'm still 30 pounds from my goal (clothes hide a lot).
I was wearing my new size 10 black slacks that I splurged on last week, with heels. I think I was standing differently too, head up, shoulders back, stomach in, standing taller, which always makes a person look thinner. My personal trainer last fall was really into posture, she was on me all the time about my posture. Anyway, it was really just an optical illusion.
I have to admit that it was sure nice hearing that comment. I said thank you to each of them, then advise them to get their eyes checked. :)
Hey - they're climbing a rock wall on DietTribe on Lifetime. Maybe I can get some tips!


5 comments:
LOVELOVE how you broke this all down today. and your upbeatnessment :) all the NSVs and the enjoying of your meeting AND, as a woman who knows HG, Im confident she'd adore the fact you have given her a shout out.
hope your today is as great as yesterday...
Diana - we must be channeling or something because I also "prefaced" my post for earlier today.
Can I you shoot me some vibes over here so I can exercise "like a maniac", too? Ha, ha! Congrats on the NSV's!
Thanks for the reminder about setting goals. Best of luck with yours.
Goals are a wonderful thing to have! Unfortunately I find when I set short term goals for myself it's harder for me to attain them. It's that whole self sabotage thing. Long term goals work better for me, and if I write a goal down but don't put it in front of me everyday then I'm more apt to hit it. Does that make sense? I know it doesn't to me! I've just started rewarding myself though. I don't know why but I've never felt the need to reward until I hit 50lbs lost. Now I'm rewarding every 5 lbs lost with a new book or CD, my fifty I was supposed to go on a bit of a shopping spree because all of my clothes are waaaaay too big now and are extremely unflattering, but that's going to have to wait until I can afford it, so a book, a CD, and two new exercise vids are my reward for now! I can't convince my hubby that I'll find the time for a gym membership so I scrolled through BestBuy.ca and picked out about 40 exercise vids, added them to my wishlist, and sent it to him. He can reward me with a new vid whenever he likes! lol
The other day an old friend of mine came into my work, it was great seeing her and the last time I had seen her I had probably just barely hit 15 lbs lost. She grabbed my cheeks and said "Oh my god your face is so skinny!". I've never had anyone tell me anything on my body is skinny before. It was a great feeling and I immediately blushed, smiled, and said "oh, thanks". These little compliments from people are easy to roll of the back, to tell yourself they're just being nice, etc. What we need to do is learn to hear them, digest them, and use them as motivation. If one person notices, then there will be more! Your hard work is not in vain.
PS: Heels do amazing things for women! I love me a good pair of stilletos!
You know you're doing something right when you start getting *skinny* comments. Yaay.
Sounds like you're doing well. Glad to hear it. :)
Don't be so hard on yourself honey...I got that comment when I was about 10 lbs within my "recommended weight range"...Oh my you're getting too skinny...you better stop!!! Ugh...I hate that, around me it was just jealousy. I've learned a lot about myself this past year and amongst those things...don't listen to people, do what feels right for you!!! I almost died one night I was out with my friends and this guy told me to "move my skinny ass over" so he could order his drink!!! LOL...me? skinny??? You are doing great and deserve to acknowledge to yourself that you're looking FABULOUS!
Post a Comment