I probably shouldn't do this, but everyone wants to know what I said about Tony (antijared). I deleted the comments after the shit hit the fan. But here they are, the best that I can remember. I never said his name, so I'm not even sure how he knew I was talking about him.
In the first paragraph below, "my irritation with people in general" originally said:
"my irritation with some bloggers who think they're God. Who say things like, "I'm an inspiration. I'll never gain back all the weight I lost." Those words annoy the hell out of me.
Now you know what all the fuss was about. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every topic seemed mundane or whiney. I was bitching about this and bitching about that, when really, my life doesn't really suck, or does it?
I could give you a big list of things that were bad this past week. Starting with the little stray I took in about two weeks ago. She was a long haired orange kitty, two years old, and only weighed four pounds. She was skin and bones, but the sweetest little girl I had ever met, with big green eyes that were begging for help.
I took her to the vet. Three days in their care, with IVs, pills, many tests to find out what was wrong with her (Haemobartonella Felis) and $600 later, they let me bring her home. She was so weak she couldn't stand. I gave her a special high calorie cat food, water, and vitamins, all forced down her throat with a syringe. She refused to eat on her own. Four feedings a day. I poked pills down her every morning and night. After eight days in my care, she died in her sleep on Thursday night. Nice.
That's just one of the shitty things that happened this week. There were several others but that one was the most significant. I hate death. I hate to see animals or people suffer. It makes me question the whole God thing and why is there so much suffering.
Even though it was a hellish week in general, I managed to make it to the gym every day. Yesterday was my favorite Cardio Variety class at noon with my favorite exercise instructor who was also my personal trainer last fall. She announced that yesterday was her last day at the YMCA and she was going to be working at the WAC in downtown Seattle. That's too far for me to drive, and much too expensive of a gym anyway. I almost started to cry. Just the icing on my cake of a shitty week.
My eating has been pretty good. I got over my sweet potato binge, I weigh out six ounces and eat it with just a little sea salt (2 Points). There isn't any steak in the house and my husband is banned from Costco unless I'm with him.
I never made it to a Weight Watcher meeting all week nor did I journal a single day. I had the excuse that I had to rush home and take care of Gracie (yes, I named her, really stupid). I got on the scale yesterday morning and I was up two pounds. My scales are amazingly accurate and match the Weight Watcher scales to the tenth of the pound.
Where to from here? Well, as my mother would say, pick yourself up by your bootstraps and get over it. Life goes on. So I had a really rotten week, lots of people probably had an even worse week than I did. Today's a new day and blah blah blah. So am I okay? Yes, I'm okay.


17 comments:
YES!!! You are okay. To stray off the path every once in a while is human. To not admit it and to remain in denial, well, that is just not right. Have a great week, Diana!
Sad to hear of your loss and stressful week. A new week is starting, which I KNOW will be better. Thanks for posting on my blog. I am tall - 5'10". Thanks for the compliment, but I am still hoping to lose the last 20#'s. It is all in my stomach, and I never had any children, so I can't use that excuse. Hoping to reduce this area with exercise.
Yes, you are okay! Too bad about the cat. That is the risk one takes in caring for a stray. But it still hurts inside.
aww, I'm such an animal lover, that I got all teary eyed reading about your kitty. I just rescuded a cat from the SPCA last week, and already I can't imagine not having him . I'm so sorrry that she died, but please know that you made an impact on her life,those 8 days she was loved. There should be more people like you.
Hugs to you. Sorry you had a shitastic week. I was almost in tears reading about the kitty. You are an awesome person for caring enough to take her in and try to care for her.
Next week is a new week. I'm hoping it will be better for you.
Ah, stressful weeks can suck a lot. Blogging is a great way to get all that frustration out. Hope you feel better soon. Oh, and I DEFINITELY agree that arrogant bloggers can get a tad annoying at a times (even though I know their message is good).
Sorry to hear about your crappy week. Gotta take the good with the bad right?
Hope this upcoming week is a bit brighter for you!
((HUGS))
What a sad story about your kitty...it brought tears to my eyes. And you named her Gracie... :( (Gracie is what a lot of my friends call me). What a kind heart you have to have tried to rescue such a sweet, innocent soul.
Don't worry, I promise I will NEVER say anything on my blog even remotely resembling "I'll never gain back all the weight I lost." After 45 years of up and down weight and crazy eating, I know better. :)
Good for you for going to the gym , trying to eat right, and pushing through even though you were having such a bad week.
Take care of yourself.
I am so sorry that you had such a hellish week. I am hoping that the next seven days will be much better!
I am with you on people who say "I am this and I am that" I find inspiration all around me and by reading others blogs who struggle daily just like I do.
I hope yu have a great Saturday night!
Brian
btw thanks for checkin out my blog :-)
Sorry you had the bad week. Congrats on getting your exercise in under all those circumstances.
Awww, for Gracie. Ya know, you are OK. It is good to be human and good to feel things. Yeah, some of those things really suck. No matter what, you're OK and you are a worthwhile person to know. :)
You ARE OK. I am so sorry about the Gracie. I hope you're feeling better. Arrogant blogger is arrogant because he's terrified, and he's going to gain it back because you can't live your life subsisting on apples. It will work until he hits his goal, and then he will get sick and miserable. You're living life for real, and your habits are ones that you'll be able to keep. You rock :)
I'm sorry you are having a stressful week! It happens and it sucks when it does. To pretend like weeks like this don't happen would be crazy. I hope you find things that will make it better and have a great week next week!
That stinks you're having an OFF week. Sometimes life can get a little frustrating, then add trying to lose weight, then everything goes into a tale spin! It cn get overwhelming.
You will do better with your weight loss, it just takes time, patience, and persistance.
By the way, try not to let other people get to you. You will only make yourself miserable.
Try to have a better week okay!
And I'm sorry about your cat.
I worked at a cat shelter for a few months when I lived in Rome, and every time we lost a cat, I couldn't get over it. I thought it would get easier, but it never did.
I hope your upcoming week is better :)
I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. Pets are very special and never underestimate the power of grief.
You can get back on track, and going off the path is not anything unusual. The key is what you do now.
You can do it!
Post a Comment