That's how long my workout was today. Let's face it, it was a hell of a week for me. I had a lot of frustration and anger going on, and I wasn't in a very good place when I woke up this morning. I was moping around, all teary-eyed. Finally at noon I decided to go to the gym. My husband thought it was a great idea. Go, take your time, and come home when you're back to being you.
I was at the gym until almost 3 p.m. A full 2 1/2 hours of working out. I've never done that in my entire life. Maybe two hours, but that's rare. Usually after one hour I can't wait to get out of there.
Today I started out on the elliptical, usually I only do 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weights. My mind was on this guy and how he often does a full 60 minutes on the elliptical. I've never understood how he does it because even though I have great music on my iPod, I'm bored out of my mind after 30 minutes.
Today I did my 30 minutes, then thought, let's try for another 30. If Tony manages to do an hour, I bet I can too. I have about 400 songs on my iPod, so I put the music on shuffle and went to town on that elliptical for another 35 minutes, pushing myself harder than I've ever pushed myself. Level 14, heart rate average 141. According to the elliptical I burned 930 calories. I know that's impossible, but it was a nice number to see. Probably my heart rate monitor was more accurate at 452 calories.
It was amazing how fast that 65 minutes flew by, but it gave me time to think through things. To figure out a lot of negative stuff that's happened lately. After an hour on the elliptical and a bucket of sweat, I declared last week officially over at 1:15 p.m. I'm done with last week. I don't want to dwell on any of the bad stuff that happened. Time to move on.
I also got in an hour and a half of strength and core exercises, focusing on my lower body. I'm trying to get in some "last chance workouts" before the big rock climbing event on February 5. Please God, just let me get up that friggin' wall. Can you imagine how embarrassing it'll be if the girl that works out six days a week can't pull herself up that wall? I think I'll be okay, but I'm really going to focus on working out my lower body during the next two weeks.
As far as not blogging anymore, that was crazy talk. I really started this blog for me. It's cathartic to write what I'm feeling about my struggles as I try to lose weight. I decided if I stopped blogging the only person I would really hurt is myself. I already have enough self-inflicted mental torture going on in my head, I certainly don't need to add to it by quitting my blog.
If I give even one person a little hope that losing weight is possible, then that's a huge bonus for me. I know I'm not any big inspiration and my posts aren't always encouraging or even happy. Sometimes I'm a total grumpy pants. I'm going to try my best to be a bit more upbeat, and I'll definitely be practicing that golden rule: if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.


7 comments:
Happy you decided to stay!!
You are a mad crazy exercise woman... I could never do that.
I hate the gym it's torture for me.
Maybe one day I can do like you 150 minutes!
Wow, what a great workout you had today. Congrats! Keep at it....
YES!!!!!!!!!!!! You're back. I am so happy right now. Whoa, 150 minutes???? You rock!
Hi~ I'm a follower of Tony's & caught a little bit of the drama that's been going on... Interested enough to skim over it but did't look at it too hard.
I just had to tell you that I saw your apology & that it was lovely! It's hard to do that, isn't it? (that alone should count for a couple of calories, right??)
I know I've been in your shoes before. It's hard to peddle backwards & own up to making a bad decision. I'm sure Tony's the kind of person who's happy to move on & if his fans are anything like me, I'd do the same thing!
CONGRATS on moving forward AND moving a ton at the gym! I do an hour on the elliptical or treadmill each day and, if anything, it just gets boring. I have to 1) have my iPod on 2) be watching something on TV and 3) be DOWNSTAIRS in the gym where I can people watch. LOL!!!
Hang in there & shake all of this off! We're all in this for the same outcome, right?
Amy
www.rebuildingamy.blogspot.com
What a fantastic sounding workout!! You go girl!
Glad to see you are sticking around.
Yay you! right back at it. that a girl!
You only need be yourself. Your struggles good and bad are part of life. All of it is of value. You are always of value.
I find exercise can help me recenter. That was quite a workout. You're a warrior!
Post a Comment