Whatever I had that knocked me down for 48 hours is gone. Even my mysterious hip pain has disappeared, as well as the body aches and fever. I guess it was just a bug, and probably not from that rock climbing exercise I did where I hung from the chin up bar.
I managed to go to the gym yesterday for an hour and a half. Although I didn't feel 100% like myself I did an hour of cardio, including 20 minutes treadmill, 20 minutes elliptical, and 20 minutes spinning. Then I worked out with the weights for 30 minutes. It was a good workout, but I had trouble breathing while trying to run. I felt like my lungs and throat were on fire. Probably remnants of my illness. Instead of running I walked at 4.0 at an incline of 15.
The bad news about yesterday is that I had an encounter with a steak. A giant top sirloin steak. Exact weight: unknown. If I had to guess the weight, maybe a pound. It was grilled to perfection, extra rare. I love beef which is exactly why I never buy it. My husband went to Costco yesterday, by himself, that's how the beef wound up in our house and ultimately in my stomach.
This morning I woke up with regrets, that old feeling of what the hell did I eat last night that I shouldn't have eaten? You know the feeling. Then I remembered, oh yeah, a side of beef.
It's a new day and I'm back being OP, weighing and measuring my food, journaling, and back to the gym for another 90-minute workout.
There's no use pondering why or how to make something like this not happen again. Shit happens, it's how you handle it that matters. I'm handling it pretty well today. No kicking myself in the head, just picking up the pieces and moving on.
This is giant step for me. Usually I beat myself up when I go off plan. I'm a wanna-be perfectionist in most areas of my life, which really bites because it's an impossible goal to achieve.
I read somewhere that if you're on your plan 80 percent of the time and off 20 percent then you'll still be okay. I think I'll be okay.



9 comments:
I'm not perfect. I managed to take almost all my excess off. Maybe it took longer, but life happens. You have to deal with it, lifestyle changes and changes of habit at your own pace. If you stick to it, then you've won and you have success. It's not about getting there the fastest or most perfect, it's about getting there and being able to stay there. You have a great attitude, you'll be fine.
I ditto, Antgirl. I'm also a perfectionist and I've definitely had to become more flexible.
Glad you're feeling better, Diana and go you! You're 53? You look fantastic!
LOL! a side of beef! Costco beef is soooooo good though. I encountered several steaks last week and I don't normally eat it but once in awhile it's nice to have.
Does doing 3 different cardio workouts keep boredom at bay? Does it make it seem like it's going by faster?
You WALKED at 4 mph? with a 15 incline? Wow, I'm impressed! I'm up to 3.8 and feel like I'm really walking fast :)
Hand raised for being a wannabe perfectionist myself.
Your attitude today is great!
And really? a steak? that's not even 'bad'
I ditto both antgirl and lter4ever. We need to relax and find a balance that we can live with.
I wouldn't want to get tooooo lax though...then I'd be in trouble
And congratulations on the over 76 lb weight loss, Diana! That's fantastic and we all KNOW how much hard work, perserverence & commitment that takes!
You're proud of yourself for this I hope!!!
I'm so proud of you, Diana! I think you have a great attitude. And I KNOW you're gonna be okay!
But remind me never to eat beef in your presence....extra rare?!? :o)
Glad your feeling better, you had steak,,, i had peanut M&M's... I will be regretting them tomorrow!
Wow, you still went to the gym even though you were not feeling well? Ugh, that ruins my excuse for today. I have the sniffles and was really contemplating not going to the gym- but now I'm going to go drag out my running shoes!
also, as for the steak- first off- yum yum! second, steak is usually not that bad for you , so don't beat yourself up about it!
You WILL be ok. Maybe your body was craving the iron. Yeah, that's it :)
It's good to accept slip ups and move on. You did great going to the gym! Keep it up!
You haven't posted lately...I hope you are okay.
Good for you not beating yourself up. I LOVE steak and will allow myself one every once in a while. A good 6-8 oz steak - YUM!
Post a Comment