Wahoo! It's 2009! A new year and a fresh start. This is the year that I will do the following:
1. Get to my goal weight of 135 (28.6 pounds to go!).
2. Maintain my 75-pound loss.
3. See a therapist for that nasty little compulsive overeating problem I have. Yup, I said it, I'm seeing a therapist. The woman that has poo-pooed the entire psychology/psychiatry field for the her entire life is actually going to try some therapy. I figure it can't hurt me, and who knows, maybe it'll even help a little.
I only have one stipulation going in, under no circumstances will I ever go on anti-depressants (I'm not depressed but I've seen them prescribed for all kinds of things and sometimes with disasterous results).
4. Work on my marriage. You get out of it what you put into it, right? I need to work a little harder on making it work. Follow through on the date thing, be more attentive to his needs, listen to him. I'm the world's worst listener, I like to multi-task. I need to listen...it's all about communication.
I'm not the world's best wife by any stretch of the imagination. He's pretty close to the best husband, but I don't always give him the credit he deserves. When your husband tells you he's crazy in love with you after 20 years of marriage and would do anything to make you happy, it's time to listen up.
That's it. That's my list. Nothing too daunting, nothing that I can't do and at least will try to do. I think this will be the best year of my life.
Happy New Year everyone!


4 comments:
Happy New Year Diana, I know you will meet your goals, Wish you the best in 2009!
Happy New Year! You have wonderful goals set before you!
I know what you mean about the negative self talk, I'm really bad at that myself and it only makes me feel worse and I'm done with that!!
Your goals for the new year are looking awesome and I know you can do it!
Look forward to seeing you reach all your goals in 2009!
Happy New Year to you, too! Great goals, by the way!
Post a Comment