Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood. This isn't a movie review, I'll leave that to the professionals. I'm not a huge Clint Eastwood fan. That being said, I absolutely, totally LOVED this movie and loved Clint Eastwood's character. It was one of the best movies I've ever seen in my life. Loved it, loved it, loved it.
If you only see one movie this year, this should be it. I'm sure it'll be up for several Oscars and could even win depending on what else comes out this year. An amazing movie. Be prepared to laugh a lot, and to cry. The story, the acting and the directing are superb.
The theater was absolutely packed last night. Something I haven't seen recently. When the movie ended and the credits started rolling, no one moved or said a word. As people sat in their seats, staring at the screen, the theater was in complete silence for at least a couple of minutes. Like I said, it was amazing.
Go see it!



5 comments:
Last night, my husband and I tossed a coin to decide whether to go to "Valkyrie" or "Gran Torino." We ended up seeing "Valkyrie," which was pretty good, but after your review, we'll definitely go to see "Gran Torino" next weekend. We both love Clint Eastwood, so now I'm really looking forward to going.
We saw Valkyrie last weekend. It was good, but Gran Torino was light years better. I just loved it. It's the kind of movie that stays with you, that you talk about long after it's over. It had quite an affect on me. I hope you like it. I think if you love Clint Eastwood, you'll really love it. He's at his best in this movie. And his directing was just spectacular. Can you tell I really liked this movie? :)
I'm not a big Eastwood fan either, but this one did grab my attention. I was unsure if I wanted to see it at the movies or if I was going to wait until it came out on DVD. Thanks for helping me make my decision! :o)
Thanks for the review, Diana! I'll probably get slammed for saying this, but I really, really dislike Clint Eastwood. :o) I might have to see the movie after your review, though!
We haven't gone to this movie yet, but we will.. (or we'll rent it). The guy who wrote the story, Dave Johannson, was a year behind me in school in our hometown in Minnesota.
Post a Comment