Sunday, January 11, 2009

166.6 sucks!

I hate this stupid number!166.6 That's what was on my scale this morning, and I am NOT happy.

My weigh in is tomorrow night. That number is 4.4 pounds above what I weighed in last Monday night. How can that be possible?

That number is also the number I weighed in at on August 12. I remember that day well because my car was rear ended and totaled. I got a $500 reckless driving ticket because of the accident, which was later dismissed by the judge. It was a hellish couple of months worrying about going before the judge. Thank God for my smooth talking traffic attorney.

I detest this number, 166.6. It's much too close to 170. And I've been hanging around it for almost six months. What the hell is wrong with me?!

Okay, enough of the self-hate and kicking myself in the head over it. Time to move on.

I know three things that went wrong this week. 

1.) I discovered sweet potatoes. Thanks to my skinny friend David, a health nut of sorts, who informed me they were a super food. I had never eaten a sweet potato until this week. I always ate yams before and although they were okay, they weren't a favorite food. I fell in love with the sweet potato. I had one every night this past week with my fish or chicken breast and skipped my green vegetable. I didn't weigh or measure it either. Big mistake!

2.) I didn't journal. I know the importance of journaling. I preach it all the time. I just didn't do it.

3.) I made a delicious, low-fat 15 bean soup last weekend. My husband kindly dished it up and froze it for me. Unfortunately, he used the 2-cup bowls when a serving was 1-cup. I ate double the quantity I should have eaten at lunch each day last week. I knew what I was doing, but I didn't think it was that bad for me. I was wrong.

What did I do right? Tons of exercise, lots of water, and no binges or late night eating. 

Here we go again, back to the straight and narrow. I know the rules, I just have to follow them. If I had journaled everything, including weighing and measuring, I probably wouldn't have gained 4.4 pounds.

Tomorrow will be a bad weigh in, a gain for sure. First week on BLBE2 so I'll probably get my butt kicked by Team Angie. That's okay. Bring it on. I deserve it.  

10 comments:

Ron said...

Hang in there, my daily Weigh-in's have gotten down to as low as 173.2and todays is 175... goal is 170!! I will get there and you will get to your goal too!

Michelle said...

Ok so you know you should be journaling....keep track of what you are eating and drinking...is your scale at home the same as the WW one? Maybe your scale is acting up....hugs....August was August this is another day....heck another year...the year you WILL reach goal!
Hugs

Carlos said...

hang in there. you can do it

IdaR said...

Sometimes life just sucks, and we have to just put on our big girl panties and deal with it.

My goal is 170, by the end of this month. I'm bouncing 171 to 174 to 172 to 175....bummer!!! I know that I'll break that number one of these days. I remember when it was 190 I was trying to conquer.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE sweet potatoes (too me a while but I do now) mainly baked as fries but baked in general they're pretty good as well.

joining the others in cheering you on.

it just is HARD somedays--but today is a new one.
MizFit

Brightcetera said...

I feel your pain & frustration.
I hate hitting a plateau & going on the weight loss rollercoaster ride.
On the other hand....when I finally see that number on the scale? You will hear me screaming with joy! :)
So can you do me a favour? Look at that number & say, "Karen would love this!" Please?

K-Pow said...

I know how the dreaded numbers can mess with you. Hang in there hun. Keep doing what your doing and the numbers will change!!

Yes, I agree it sucks were aren't on the same team, but a little friendly competition won't hurt!

We both rock no matter what...and thanks for the kind words as well. Your blog is one of my favs too!
:)

Pamela said...

Hi Diana! Sorry I've been MIA lately, but I wanted to thank you for your wonderful support! I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like you've been struggling a bit, but it sounds like you know what you need to do. I have faith in you!

Lyn said...

The starchy stuff will get ya every time. When I have a sweet potato, I just eat half (and keep the green veggies!) Still, you're doing great. Keep an eye on the big (shrinking) picture :)

Linda - Operation Stick To It said...

Stopping by to fellow A Teamers to show support...I'm struggling right now but I'm hoping reading the A-Team blogs will help me out. Hope you're kicking a$$ and taking names!

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" By Marvin Phillips