Monday, January 5, 2009

A déjà vu weekend

I didn't post all weekend because it would just have been a repeat of Friday's post, I was over the top hungry all weekend. I was obsessed by food, what could I eat next? All freaking weekend. Thank God it's Monday, and I'll be back at work today. 


Somehow I made it through the weekend without too much damage. I didn't have a full fledged binge, although I came close a few times where I wanted to say to hell with the whole thing and eat what I wanted. I simply ate way too much of the healthy stuff.

I didn't work out Saturday since I'd worked out six days in a row and really needed a day off. Sunday I was back at it and had a great hour-long workout (along with my husband who is now officially a gym rat!). 

I started an exercise journal page so I can keep track of my exercise. I'm still going into the weight room and going willy nilly, doing whatever I feel like doing. I have favorite exercises I do over and over. I need to go into the gym and have a specific strength training plan (like the one my trainer gave me).

Tonight is my Weight Watcher weigh-in. I weighed at home this morning, and it looks like I'm about the same. If I'm up at weigh-in I'll just take it like a man and move on. It's a new week and life is back to normal. I feel stronger and strangely, not as hungry today.

A positive note is I took my measurements yesterday. 

Staring measurements 2/12/2008:

Bust 47" 
Waist 40.5" 
Hips 51"

Current measurements 1/4/2009:

Bust 38" 
Waist 32.5" 
Hips 41.5"

Inches lost:

Bust  11"   <------- wouldn't you know, I lose the most inches here
Waist 8"
Hips  9.5"

If you're just starting out trying to lose weight, be sure to take your measurements. Sometimes you can't see how well you're doing on the scale, but your measurements tell the true story. I even lost 1/2 off  each wrist and 3/4 inch off each ankle.

Happy Monday everyone!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

That is awesome to lose that many inches! Way to go, very inspiring.

I feel you on the hunger pangs, I was starving yesterday and today :)

Just started reading your blog, its great thanks!

Sarah said...

Meant to add that our starting and goal stats are similar so its a motivator for me as well.

IdaR said...

That's always where I lose the most. Funny, I always GAIN it in my hips/thighs, but lose....right off the bust (which isn't that big to begin with!) :)

Hang in there, weekends can be brutal to a diet. I am enjoying your blog, by the way. Come visit mine some time!

K-Pow said...

I came >< this close to binging this weekend too but didn't (although used a good portion of my flex). But the main thing is that WE got through it!

I wish I had taken my measurements when I started 4 years (and almost 50 pounds ago). All I have is a belt that I go by loops. When I first started it was at the very last hole (ie. the biggest it would go)...now I'm at #7!

I did however take measurements yesterday to see what progress I make in '09!

Ron said...

You have really done well, Congrats!

Skye-Lynn said...

Glad to see you made it through your weekend! And those inches loss are awesome! Congratulations on a great job!