Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More hiking

You can't really see him very well because it took me about five minutes to get my backpack off and dig out the camera. We always hand carry the camera but this time for some stupid reason I buried it in the bottom of my backpack. Mr. Brown Bear was already walking away from us by the time I found the camera. I wanted to follow him but my husband told me I was crazy. My reasoning was that I'm from Alaska and you can scare off bears by yelling at them (if he decided to turn and charge me). Not sure where I picked up that bit of nonsense, but my husband assured me that was a misconception and to leave the bear alone. Since he looked like he outweighed me by a few hundred pounds (the bear, not my husband), I followed the husband's advice.


We only hiked about five miles yesterday. For some reason we were both too exhausted to go any farther and decided to head home and barbecue some steaks. We reasoned it was Labor Day and you have to barbecue, because, well, you just have to because it's Labor Day. The best part of dinner was the fresh corn and fresh peaches we bought at a fruit stand on the way home (oh and the steak, I can't forget about the steak, yummy). I swear the peaches are the best peaches I've ever tasted in my life. They're from the Yakima Valley and you haven't lived until you've had a fresh Yakima peach.

Tomorrow at 7:30am is weigh in at Weight Watchers. It's going to be really ugly. I know that and I'm prepared. I still haven't weighed at home so I don't actually know how bad it's going to be, but I know my eating has been horrible this last week. Not that I've eaten anything really bad, just too much, way too much. I'll face it in the morning. It's not going to destroy me or destroy how far I've come. I'll just pick up the pieces and move on. At least I've been exercising consistently, hopefully that will have helped a little.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Yikes! I think I have to go with your husband on the bear thing. That would have freaked me out! It's a beautiful picture, though!

I've got my fingers crossed for you for your weigh-in! You might be surprised and it might not be as bad as you're expecting. Especially since you've been exercising. If you did gain a bit, though, then maybe that'll mean that you'll just have that much bigger of a loss when you start tracking everything again. Or, at least, that's what I'm hoping in my case anyway. ;o) Maybe our subconscious-es(?) (what is the plural of that anyway?) knew about the "Lose for Good" campaign and wanted us to get ready to be able to lose lots? :o)

Diana said...

Pamela - I guess he was right about the bear, but I really wanted a better picture.

As you'll read in today's post, my weigh in was actually worse than I imagined. I'm up 6.6 pounds. But not for long! I'm right back on it and plan to lose all of it for the "Lose for Good" campaign, plus some. :)
Diana