I can't believe what a giant pain in my butt I have from my spinning class yesterday. It not just normal bike seat pain, but some sort of a weird 'my skin hurts pain', in my hips, butt, outer and inner thighs. It sort of burns, with a prickly pins feeling. Just touching my skin hurts. It's hard to explain but really uncomfortable. It was my very first spinning class and although I loved it, and it was the toughest workout I've ever had, I'm not sure about this pain.
I tried Googling it, but everything I found sounded ridiculous and I couldn't find anything like this associated with spinning. I know it's from the spinning class because it started about two hours after class, continued into the night (I actually took two Vicodin last night because I was miserable), and I still have the pain today. Yesterday it was only on my right side, today it's only on my left side, which is really weird.
The only positive about this is that I'm actually not hungry. The pain is a distraction to my usual hunger pains that I seem to have all the time these days.
If anyone reading this has ever experienced something like this after a spinning class or if you might know what it could be, please let me know. It's freaking me out just a tiny bit. Not enough to go to urgent care or anything, but enough that I'm concerned. Like most people, I really don't like pain. :)
Exercise:
30 minutes elliptical
40 minutes free weights
Update: 9/28 - Pain is mostly gone. Not sure exactly what was going on with that, but feel great today.


5 comments:
I done spinning classes dozens and dozens of times and have never experienced any kind of pain like that. Sometimes its normal to experience a bit of numbness in your girly parts.
Have you had any kind of sciatic problems before? Or maybe you just tweaked a nerve.
If the symptoms get worse, or continue I would definitely recommend you going to see someone about it.
Spinning classes shouldn't cause you physical pain like that.
Good luck.
I used to get that. I was told it was from the blood coming to the "surface" of my skin. IMO, you just went too hard, too fast. Thanks
Thanks for the input. Krista - I Googled sciatic and it sounded like it might be the problem, but today I feel 100% better. The pain is barely noticeable now. I even worked out last night. And I was going pretty fast and hard on the spinning bike, and with my HR at 152, maybe I do need to slow down a little. :)
~Diana
Holy crap, I am getting ready to start spinning classes and I am terrified but I heard its great for you!
But already, it sounds like a pain in the ass(Sorry, couldnt resist) lol
I've had some weird pain in the buttocks area but that used to go away once I was used to be on the uncomfortable riding saddle ... and not wearing proper bike shorts.
If it just your skin that was bothering you, you could try using some BodyGlide. It is an aloe vera based product that is amazing.
Post a Comment