Ever have a day where it just seems like everything goes wrong? Today was that day for me. It was a really stressful day at work where I got so stressed out I almost couldn't turn my head by the end of the day. I felt like my shoulder was being squeezed by a vice grip all afternoon. So I was really looking forward to my first official personal training session.
At about 5:30pm I went into the bathroom at my work to change into my workout clothes for my 6pm workout session. I opened my gym bag and freaked out when I realized I had forgot to pack my workout pants. I was wearing jeans, snug jeans, impossible-to-workout-in jeans. I couldn't believe I forgot my workout pants for my very first training session. I work out almost every day and rarely forget stuff, especially important stuff like my workout pants.
My office isn't near any malls or clothing stores. The only thing nearby is a Rite Aid drugstore. I thought maybe they'd have some shorts or something I could workout in. I drove like a maniac the opposite direction of the gym and bought a package of three pairs of navy plaid men's boxer shorts (underwear) at the Rite Aid. Not exactly my style but I had have something to wear, and I didn't have time to go home or go to a real store.
Then I started driving to the gym, breaking the speed limit on back streets. I was about a mile from the gym, sitting at a stoplight when I had the bright idea to put on my workout shoes while waiting for the light to change. Guess what? No shoes. I'd walked at lunch and left my shoes under my desk. I had to turn around and go back to my office and get my shoes. I got to my office and realized I'd left my ID on my desk in my rush to get out of there, so I had to pound on the window to get someone to open the security door. I grabbed my shoes (and forgot my ID again), and I made it to the gym at 5:59pm. I changed into my men's boxers, they weren't too awful, just a gaping hole in front when I sat down. I bought large and they're huge on me.
When I got back out to the lobby at about 6:02pm, no Debbie. I waited a few minutes and then called her cell at 6:10pm. She asked if I'd received her voicemail over the weekend. I told her I had heard a message from her but accidentally deleted it thinking it was old. It wasn't old, it was a message saying she couldn't workout with me this week and asking if we could start next weekend. Oh brother!
I worked out by myself for an hour, 1/2 hour elliptical and 1/2 hour strength. I still have that pain in my neck, and my day was a big, fat pain in the butt.
Day 4 without a binge.


1 comments:
OMG, Diana! That's insane! I think you win for worst day of the year! I have to say that I'm seriously impressed that you worked out anyway! I probably would have been both disappointed and thankful that the trainer had to cancel, but then probably would have just driven home in tears.
By the way, I love the picture you added to your homepage! It's beautiful!
Post a Comment