Day 4 BL Challenge
After five years of getting crappy Christmas presents from my husband, I decided to take charge of what he got me for Christmas. I made that decision in 1993 when he gave me louvers for the rear window of my Camaro. He thought he bought me the perfect gift. I thought he was crazy.
After that gift I always picked out exactly what I wanted and told him the size, the brand, the color, the store, everything about the item, so he just had to go buy it and have it gift wrapped. It's worked out great for the last 15 years of our marriage.
This Christmas I've decided I want something different, something he can't buy in a store, but something he can help me obtain. For Christmas this year I want a healthy BMI. I didn't realize it but when I signed up for the Biggest Loser Challenge I set my weight loss goal at 22 pounds, which will give me a healthy BMI of 24.9. It's just barely healthy, but anything below 25 is considered a normal BMI. 154 isn't my goal weight, but it's a step in the right direction (my goal is 135).
These are the things my husband can do to help me:
1.) No more crap in the house. He's pretty good, but I've seen bags of Doritos make their way into the pantry, or a package of top sirloin steaks from Costco sitting in the refrigerator, ready for barbecuing. I love Doritos and I love steak. I can't resist this stuff.
2.) No more eating out two to three times a week. I don't know how this got started, but in the past couple of months we've been going out Friday AND Saturday nights, and then sometimes during the week. It has to stop. Even if I try to pick something healthy, I never really know what I'm getting or how many Points I'm eating. Maybe once a week, but two or three times?
3.) Go to the gym with me. We use to work out together all the time, for years. Then we both got lazy, used our jobs as excuses, and quit. We both got fat, although I got really fat. He needs to lose 50 pounds. So this wouldn't just be for me, this would be for him too.
I'm going to propose this idea to him this weekend and see what he says. He won't have to buy me an expensive gift this year. There really isn't anything I want anyway, except a normal BMI. That's what I really want for Christmas.
PS - I have a new favorite blogger - Lyn's Escape from Obesity. I'm enjoying reading all the BL blogs, but I LOVE Lyn's blog. She's not actually doing the challenge, but I found her blog on several other people's blogs. She's fantastic.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
What I really want for Christmas
Exercise:
20 minutes elliptical
20 minutes treadmill - hills program walk/jog
20 minutes strength - lower body
Stayed OP - 3rd day in a row!
Posted by Diana at 5:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I love Lyn! She's one of my regular reads for sure.
That's a great idea for a Xmas present -- I definitely need to give my husband some gift help :-P
That's a good plan, hopefully hubby will do along with it. I'll have to check out that blog (because I haven't just acquired 70 new ones to read...)
Such a great idea! I wish I would have thought about it myself. Both hubby and I started our weight loss program this past January, and I was hoping to meet goal by then. Might do it, but at least I doing well at having lost 60#'S this year.
That's an awesome idea. He should be up for if it's what's important to you. It really is the perfect give both from him and from yourself!
I read Lyn's blog too....Her posts hit home huh?
Your Christmas present idea is brilliant! What a wonderful gift your hubby can give you as well as a great gift you can give yourself!! I can't wait to read your xmas morning post announcing your healthy BMI!
re:your comment
I'm laughing right now....YES THAT IS ME IN MY PROFILE PIC!! That picture was taken in March, and I was about 15 lbs lighter than I am right now. I am almost 5'11" so I do spread out my weight over a tall frame, but I assure you, I need to lose weight. I'm also reallllyyyy good with my make-up which may be the reason that you think I look thin..... There are lots of other pics of me on my blog, so please feel free to browse through the entries to see other pics of me that may show my need to lose weight a little clearer..... You're sweet for saying that though....
Thanks for the link - I'll be sure to check out her blog!
I think that is a completely reasonable X-mas present request. Please let us know how it goes when you talk to him about it! Good luck!
Post a Comment