Saturday, September 20, 2008

Angie's Biggest Loser Challenge

A few months ago I found a great blog, Angie All the Way. Angie is amazing and very inspiring. She's currently doing a Biggest Loser Challenge and has started a separate blog just for the challenge. On her Biggest Loser blog edition she has also linked all the participant's blogs, most of which are new to me. I love reading weight loss blogs so this has already been a lot of fun.

I'm very excited about the challenge because I really need something to kick my butt into gear. I feel like I've been just playing around with losing weight and not really giving it my all like I was during the first six months. I've been hanging out in the mid-170's for the last three months. It's time to get back on track 100%. 

Thanks Angie and to everyone that's participating in the BL Challenge!

Angie's request for today's post:


You know, the mind tricks and justifications you use on yourself to allow you to over-indulge when you shouldn't or when you give yourself veto power on gym days. Some of us know each other pretty well already, but let's face it, we're creeping up to about 50 participants so far and we don't know each other well enough to call each other out all the time.

So I think you should do a post recognizing your own excuses and the kinds of behaviour you know is just fluff.


My Tricks
My excuses for eating too much are numerous, but the one I most often tell myself is this one: I can always get back on track tomorrow. It's okay to take a day off now and then, it won't hurt anything, and I'll just do better tomorrow. Then tomorrow comes and I use the same lame excuse. I don't eat like I use to eat, I'm not eating junk, I'm eating healthy food, but I'm not eating to lose weight. I'm more in a maintenance mode. I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT! This kind of thinking is sabotaging the very thing I want more than anything and that is to reach my goal weight of 135. I know if I can do that, I can do anything. It's obtainable, it just takes hard work. Since I'm basically lazy by nature, I really need to focus.

My personal trainer, that I started working out with last week, sent me an email yesterday. She said "remember, eat clean over the weekend". I do eat clean, no junk, but eating clean is more than no junk. It is also all about portion control, my weak spot. It means eating one fresh peach, not three. Eating one giant organic heirloom tomato, not four. Fruits and vegetables have calories, therefore they also have Points. There's really no such thing as a "free" food.  

My goal this week is to work on remembering today is yesterday's tomorrow. My excuse for eating in excess can't go on day after day. I need to stop telling myself I can eat large portions of food because it's healthy. It's time to stop the craziness. Portion control and dropping the excuses for overeating....my personal goals for this week.  

Weight for today: 176.6

2 comments:

Angela Power said...

Yup I use that excuse too! I always rationalize eating the extra calories because it's healthy food! I hear ya!

I'm so glad you joined the challenge and shared this with us. Don't forget a wise woman said, "it's obtainable, it just takes hard work." ;-)

Pamela said...

I understand everything you're saying. I tend to lean more towards the "well, it's only one meal," which of course turns into "it's only one day, or week, or month..."

Congrats on joining a challenge! You're going to do great!!!