Day 2 of the BL Challenge
A couple years ago when my niece was three years old we agreed to babysit her for a three-day weekend. She's normally a charming, loving little girl. I took her to the grocery store to shop for food she would enjoy, where she threw a full-blown tantrum, complete with lying on the floor, kicking and screaming "I want my mommy!". Totally embarrassed, I told her we were going home and I dragged her by her arm out of the store, when she started screaming "I don't wanna go!".
Well, tonight on the way to the gym my inner three year old started whining and screaming, "I don't wanna go!". Sometimes when I go to the gym it's like I'm on auto pilot. I don't even think about it, I just drive there, work out for an hour and leave. Sometimes, like today, it's a freaking battle with myself. I can come up with every excuse in the book, I'm tired, I'm hungry, I want to visit with my husband (oh puh-lease, we've been married 20 years), I want to play with my cat (yup, I've even used that one before), or my foot-head-shoulder-or something hurts. Tonight it was the "I'm tired" excuse.
Joining Angie's Biggest Loser Challenge really helped me tonight. It helped me think like an adult and take responsibilty for my actions. I thought, so what, I'm tired, I'm always tired, that's not a good excuse. I can't screw this up on my first day. That would just be wrong on so many levels. I made it to the gym and actually got out of my car (sometimes I don't): 30 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes bike, 10 minutes stair climber, 20 minutes crossramp. I did an hour and twenty minutes of cardio! That's five APs. Wahoo!
I stayed OP on my food too, using 4.5 weekly Points in addition to my 21 Points. So overall, it was a very good day.


10 comments:
Wow, Diana! I'm proud of you! You did great!
I think my inner three-year-old has taken possession of my body recently. Perhaps it's time for an exorcism. :)
I LOVE IT.
the INNER 3 YEAR OLD.
and as I have a living three year old clawing at my legs this very moment the imagery was PERFECT :)
kudos for not listening (uh, you I mean. me? Im still trying not to listen :))
Miz.
God job!!
I can relate to that 3 year old, know her very well I think.. ;)
Way to ignore your inner 3 year old (sometimes she can be so loud... I know!) and get to the gym!!! Hopefully you felt better after working out. Keep up the great work!
Fantastic!!! Some days the hardest part is actually going to the gym. Once you're there, the work out is the easy part.
Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the well wishes Good for you squelching your inner 3 year old. I have a little devil who lives on my shoulder wispering excuses in my ear! I need to send him his eviction papers myself. :)
Wow that is great. I hear my inner 2 year old many at times before going to the gym. I placate her with the promise of a small treat if we just stick it out.
I was just thinking about this today! Any other time, I would have blown off exercise because the day got away from me -- but here I am on my **** bike watching BLBE -- almost at 9 miles!
If only we could find the motivation to get to the gym, the rest would be so much easier. It always feels so good when you're done that you would think we would WANT to do it. The good news is that we have the challenge to motivate us.
Good job on ignoring your inner 3 year old. :)
You are SO NOT ALONE in this!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! It's so nice to meet other strong woman who are going through what I'm going through. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you....
Post a Comment