Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The end of 16 weeks

Down -1.6, for a total loss of -46.2. I wasn't thrilled with that loss, but I'm okay with it. I did a couple things that probably threw me off a little. I forgot to take my hypertension medicine which is a mild diuretic, I ate about two pounds of watermelon at 4pm and weighed in at 5:30pm, and I had five weight lifting sessions last week, using heavier weights (15 pound dumbells versus 12). I suspect that was a little water weight in there, but whatever, I'm down 46.2, that's the big picture I need to focus on.

I got talked out of getting a personal trainer by a co-worker that goes to the gym with me by work every day. He said that it would be a total waste of money. The more I thought about it, I think he's right. They charge $85/hour, or four sessions at a discount of $340.00 (includes tax). Seriously, what was I thinking? I've watched them personal train people and they are NOT worth $85 an hour.I have four books on strength training so I've been using those and doing some new exercises. The books explain the moves really well and are certainly a lot cheaper. Plus, I really don't want anyone standing behind me counting off my reps. I can do that myself for free.

I'm suppose to skip the gym today and walk at lunch with a girlfriend, but it's pouring down rain here today. We'll probably go to the airport and walk on the mezzanine level where there aren't any people. Not as fun as our trail through the woods that runs along a creek, but it'll have to do. I've decided I really need to force myself to take at least one rest day a week from the gym. Going seven days a week is crazy and I don't think it's maintainable for life. Again, I really need to look at the big picture...because this is forever.

0 comments: