...that's making me feel like I'm starving to death. Right when I started running I added a couple new foods to my diet, one an old favorite, Weight Watcher frozen Giant Fudge Bars, and a new food, WW Giant Latte Bars.
I've been eating one to three of these bars a day. I looked at the ingredients this morning for the fudge bars:
Milk Fat and Nonfat Milk, SUGAR, Polydextrose (?), CORN SYRUP, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Celluose Gel, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Maltodextrin, Vitamin A Palmitate.
A double whammy, a processed food with added sugar and corn syrup, as well as some things I'm not even familiar with. Each bar has 16 grams of sugar. Added sugar and corn syrup are some of the things I've avoided for the last 16 weeks, until I bought these bars about a week ago. Since I've been eating these bars, which just happened to coincide with my new jogging routine, I've ended every day by eating one or two, and sometimes three of these bars. I count the Points, and they have the typical fiber, so the first bar is 1 Point, two bars are 4 Points and three bars are 6 Points. They're not satisfying and leave me wanting more, so that's a total waste of my Points.
This has been causing my sugar addiction to snap into action, stimulated by the sugar in the bars. I'm having cravings, something I thought was gone. I took the four bars I had left and put them down the garbage disposal. Instead of this unhealthy treat, next time I'll grab an apple, a mango or some other piece of fruit. No more processed foods with added sugars for me. My body can't handle it so I have to avoid having it around. Alas, I'm still an addict. Like an alchoholic, I'll have to be forever on guard for sugar. I simply cannot eat it.
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
I don't think it's the running
Posted by Diana at 1:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment