Saturday, June 14, 2008

A funny thing happened while I was flat on my back..

I traveled from obese to overweight. Last week I thought I was going to die from the worse case of flu I've had in my 52 years. During that time, I barely ate. That's an indication I was extremely ill since I love food. I believe in feeding a fever and feeding a cold.

My normal weighin day is Monday, but last Monday I was still curled into a fetal position with a 103 fever and I had no intention of weighing in. Tuesday I returned to work, still sick, but somehow I got through the day.

Wednesday I finally attended a Weight Watcher meeting. It had been nine days since my last weighin. When I was told I had lost 8.4 pounds, I was shocked. The best part, I weighed 184.6. That means officially I am no longer obese, with a BMI of 29.8I am now just overweight (I'm 5' 6 1/2").

Overweight is a much sweeter word than obese. Overweight means I only have 30 pounds to lose to be considered a normal weight. 154 isn't my goal weight, it just means according to the charts, I'll be "normal". My Weight Watchers goal weight is 135 and my personal goal is 128, but I'm on my way!

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! Doesn't it feel great? You are doing so well and are such an inspiration. You have a lot to be proud of. You need to remove the word "scary" from the picture on your main page, though - you are far from scary at any weight! :o)