It hit me like a Mack truck, then it backed up and ran over me, again and again. For four days and four nights I lay in a fetal position. Every muscle and joint was screaming in agony. I had a continual fever that varied from 101 to 103.5. I went from chills where I felt like I was in an ice chest to boiling hot and drenched in sweat. I was miserable.
Today at about 4pm the fever broke and I actually got up and walked around. I feel semi-normal and it's a wonderful feeling.
A side effect of being so sick is that all food tastes terrible. Everything has a bitter aftertaste. It takes all the joy out of eating when everything tastes yukky.
Oh, and that break from the gym I've been talking about, how I need to take a day off. I've had a four-day break which will probably be a five-day break after tomorrow.
Monday, June 9, 2008
The Flu
Posted by Diana at 9:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Hi Diana! I'm so sorry you were sick. It sounds horrible! I hope you are feeling better much soon! Enjoy your break from the gym. It sounds like you deserve it!
And thank you for the tip on how to get my mind to shut down and let me sleep. I can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment