Last night my Weight Watchers leader asked us how we were doing on making our July 4th goal. I sat there thinking, did I make a July 4th goal? I vaguely remember writing something down somewhere about a goal, but I couldn't remember what I wrote or where I wrote it. I suck when it comes to making weight loss mini-goals.
I have one big goal, that's to get to 135 by Jan. 1, 2009. I'm not sure that's realistic, it's actually probably not unless I can consistently lose 2 pounds a week for the next 26 weeks. It's a goal I set when I started this, and I'm not giving up on it.
So in Weight Watchers tradition, I'm going to set some mini-goals. Just because I blew it last week and the last 50 times I set a mini-goal, it doesn't mean I'll blow it this time. Winners never stop trying, right? Only losers (not the good kind) give up.
mini-mini goal for July 4th - 10 days - 3 pounds
mini-goal for August 7th (my birthday!) - 6 weeks - 10 pounds
mini-goal for August 19th - my anniversary (20 years married to the same guy- it's a miracle) - 8 weeks - 14 pounds
That's enough goal setting. It sort of freaks me out to even be talking about mini-goals since they seem to be my downfall. This time I'm going to meet my goals!
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Realistic Goals
Posted by Diana at 5:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I had to laugh at how you had to think for a second to remember if you had set a July 4th goal. For the first year that I was on WW, I was like an accountant on top of every single number and every single possible combination of numbers in regards to my weight, weight lost, mini goals, BMI, etc. Now, it all just kind of blurs together.
I know you can do it, Diana!
Post a Comment