Whenever I lose a significant amount of weight, I go through a phase where I don't recognize my own body parts. I know it sounds crazy, but I remember the first time in my life I lost 6o pounds (about 15 years ago). At that time I started out at 190 and got down to 130. I was driving in my car and looked down at my legs. I didn't recognize my own thighs, they looked normal.
It happened again today. I weighed in at Weight Watchers, lost 2.4 pounds and now weigh 182.2 (total loss is 57 pounds). As I was driving home I looked down at my legs and thought, wow, those don't even look my thighs...they look, well, normal. It's such a strange sensation to look at myself and not be totally repulsed by what I see. It's a great feeling. Better than all the candy and ice cream and cake in the world. It makes me want to work out, to eat within my Points, to continue on this plan for life. It's so very worth it!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Are those MY thighs?
Posted by Diana at 12:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That's so fun and how exciting! I'm happy for you!
I understand what you mean about not recognizing parts of yourself. You don't sound crazy at all! For me, it has been my wrists and the base of my neck/collarbones that I end up doing a double-take at.
Ah, collarbones! That's another body part that fascinates me. A couple weeks ago my hand brushed my collarbone. My immediate reaction was what's that protrusion? Then I realized it was my collarbone and cracked myself up. Other people just wouldn't understand. :)
Post a Comment