I'm terrible at setting weight loss goals. Several Weight Watcher meetings have covered the importance of setting these goals, and during the meeting I'll set a goal, walk out of the meeting and never think of it again. I never actually follow through on it.
Maybe it's because I'm afraid if I set a goal and don't make it, I'll be upset with myself and go on a crazy binge and the game will be over. I have the big picture goal, get to my WW goal weight of 135, then my personal goal of 127, but I don't have any mini-goals.
Today was weighin day, I weigh 182.2. This week I'm setting a goal to get below 180. My goal is to weigh 179.8 by next Monday, 6/23. This means a 2.4 pound loss for this week, a completely achieveable goal. To make this goal I will do the following: 1.) stay within my daily Points 2.) eat all APs and all my weekly Flex Points, but do not go over 3.) work out minimum of 1 hour a day, with a 4.6 mile run every other day, seven days without a break.
I'll see how this goes. If I totally screw it up and don't make the goal, I'll go back to my old plan of just lose weight, get to my final goal of 127 and stay there for all eternity.
Monday, June 16, 2008
What's in a goal?
Posted by Diana at 7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congratulations, Diana! You did great this week!
For me, I've always used mini-goals to help me along the way, usually just five pound increments, or getting to the next decade. I had so much to lose that it made it seem more attainable and less daunting if I kept it short-term. When I started, I had 189+ pounds to lose. I think I would have given up if I had used that as my first goal. :o) However you set your goals, it appears to be working for you and that's all that matters! You're doing great and you'll be there before you know it!
Thanks Pamela. Unfortunately, looks like I'm not going to make it to the next decade this week. I weigh in on Monday and today I weigh exactly what I did a week ago. Maybe next week. :)
Post a Comment