Thursday, May 29, 2008

The end of 15 weeks

Fifteen weeks down and 44.6 pounds down. I didn't post this on Tuesday when I weighed in at Weight Watchers because it seemed insignificant. I lost 2.2 pounds last week, nothing special, but a decent loss. I'm almost at the end of week 16, with weighin on Monday, and if my home scale is correct, it looks like I should be down a couple more pounds (hope I didn't just jinx myself with that statement).

This week I've added jogging to my exercise routine in preparation for the Midnight Sun Fun Run on June 21 in Fairbanks. My silly goal of a 12-minute mile has been totally thrown out the window. What was I thinking?! That's 5 mph. I can do that for maybe two minutes and then my heart feels like it's going to explode. We'll see where I am by June 21, but I've decided I'm not going to kill myself. Even if I just walk it, I'm okay with that. Would probably be more fun to walk it anyway since that's what my friends are doing.

I have upped my exercise time to almost two hours a day. Mainly so I can get the jogging in and get my husband to go to the gym in the morning. He won't go if I don't go, and then I go during my lunch time too. So far, this seems to be working okay. I actually seem to have more energy at the end of the day instead of less. However, it sure does cut into my leisure time.

0 comments: