Saturday, May 24, 2008

No news actually is good news

I read on the Jennette Fulda's blog, pastaqueen.com, that when a blogger stops posting on a weight loss blog, it usually indicates bad news. When people start gaining back the weight and stop exercising, they usually aren't motivated to write about it. Well, not true in my case, I'm actually doing pretty good. I've just been a lazy blogger.

On my weight loss
End of week 13: -3.2
End of week 14: -3.6

Current total loss: -42.4
Current weight: 196.8 (whaoo! out of the 200's)

On staying op
Doing great in this area. Finally seem to have my binges under control (hope I didn't just jinx myself). I haven't really eaten anything bad or off plan for weeks now. Eliminating sugar and white flour from my diet has done wonders for me, it's a miracle that I wish everyone knew about.

On my exercise
Going strong. I've been working out seven days a week for several weeks. I'm going to add an exercise journal page to this blog to keep track of my exercise. I don't always get in an hour a day, some days only 40 or 50 minutes, but a few days a week I manage to get in 90 minutes. I'm doing four days of cardio and three days of strength training.

On my plans
I'm going to run the 10k Midnight Sun Fun Run in Fairbanks on June 21. That is the longest day of the year in Fairbanks, Alaska, and the sun doesn't set that day. The run starts at 10pm.

I started training last night and did 90 minutes of cardio at the gym, with 20 minutes of that on the treadmill, attempting to run. I've been avoiding the treadmill because I keep saying running just isn't my thing, and I'm too fat to run. I also told myself once I got under 200 I'd give it another try.

Today I jogged/ran/walked 3.2 miles in 42 minutes. That's not very good, but I actually did run some of it, jogged most of it, and walked some. Since this is the first day of my training, I think that's pretty good. It also tells me I have a lot of preparation to do. I have four weeks to get ready for this 6.2 mile run. I think I can do this!

0 comments: