I got fat by eating too much of all the wrong foods and by not exercising. I've lost 66 pounds by eating right, counting Points and exercising my little heart out. So why have I recently taken to doing one correctly, while ignoring the other one? It takes both to be successful at weight loss, and more importantly, maintaining a weight loss.
I just can't seem to get my eating and my exercise in sync these days. This week it was the exercise. I did great with the exercise, the eating, well, not so much. I'm usually perfect until about 8pm, then I eat too much of everything and stop counting Points. It's like I'm sabotaging all my hard work from exercising. Why? What the hell is wrong with me? Do I unconsciously want to stay fat for the rest of my life? Do I want to gain back the weight I've struggled so hard to lose? What is it? Obviously, I don't know the answers or I'd fix this problem I've developed.
For the three-day weekend I'm going to focus on two things: 1.) keeping up with the exercise, although I slept in this morning and missed the 9:30am spinning class. I can still hit the gym later and do the routine Debbie worked up for me; and 2.) focus on the Weight Watchers Eight Good Health Guidelines, since I've been ignoring them recently.
So here's to a happy, healthy and safe Labor Day weekend, the end of summer, the beginning of fall with the holidays just around the corner, and hopefully, the end of my foolish behavior of binging on healthy food at 8pm at night.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
You can't be successful without both -- eating right AND exercising
Posted by Diana at 10:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
As I mentioned in my last comment, I'm sorry you've been struggling! The thing that struck me about this post of yours is how we end up with so many questions about why we struggle with our weight, and yet so many of those questions simply don't have answers. I think I'm about to the point with my questions where I'm going to have to accept that I'll never know why I do what I do. Hopefully you'll have better luck with yours!
Post a Comment