Okay, not really. I had a blast in Vegas! Those four days were the best four days I can remember in a very, very long time.
We had so much fun it was crazy. My husband was the most attentive and romantic that he's been in years. It was our wedding anniversary celebration, twenty years on August 19 and it was like we were on our honeymoon again. We rediscovered each other in many ways, from lots of great sex to getting to know each others wants and needs again. We also found out we really like each other and enjoy being together. something we sort of forgot. It's easy to love your spouse, that's sort of a given, but it's not always so easy to like them. With job stresses and just general life getting in the way, we had been growing apart in the the past year. This vacation was the absolute best thing we could have done for our marriage, we've reconnected. We're "in love" again!
We saw a couple live shows, "Mamma Mia", my pick and it was okay, but not great, we liked it because we both love Abba music. We also saw "Tournament of Knights", my husband's pick and it was good. We had front row seats and surprisingly I really liked this show. Of course we ate out every meal, but did a lot of walking.
The most fun we had during the daytime were the 4pm pool parties at our hotel. I loved playing in the pool in the 104 degree heat, drinking gin and tonics and talking and goofing off with each other. They had a live band playing by the pool, and they played lots of great music from the eighties (when we met). We had so much fun, I could have just stayed there forever.
I had a lot of NSVs on this trip.
NSV #1 - On the plane down to Vegas I was mistaken for a flight attendant four different times. Even a flight attendant asked me if I was an off-duty FA. I wasn't really sure if these were compliments, meaning I'm skinny enough to fit down the aisle now, or if it meant I looked like a dumb blonde. I hope it was that I can fit in the aisle. :)
NSV #2 - my size 12 shorts were almost falling off of me. Even my husband asked me why I didn't get a smaller size. At least they were very comfortable.
NSV #3 - I spotted a gorgeous dress in the window of the Black and White shop at the Lexor (or maybe the MGM). My husband insisted I try it on and the size 12 fit perfectly. It was silk, with a deep V-neck in front and back, a wide fitted band of black material around the midriff, and the rest was a black and white, small geometric design. It had a slightly flared skirt that hit right at the knee. A gorgeous dress with an equally gorgeous price tag. My husband wanted me to buy it but I told him I didn't plan on being a size 12 very long so I didn't want to waste money on something I could only wear a couple of times. Of course he looked at me like I was nuts, this wasn't like me at all. I was serious, I really don't plan on staying this size. The NSV here isn't the fact the size 12 dress fit and looked good on me, the NSV is my realization that I still have work to do on getting to goal, and dammit, I plan on getting there. My goal is a size 8.
NSV #4 - I actually had self-control at the buffets we went to, and all the fancy dinners. I stayed pretty close to OP. I may have eaten too much watermelon at the buffets, but hey, it was the best watermelon I've ever tasted in my life. I also took the stairs every chance I could and passed on the escalators, even in the 104 degree heat.
NSV #5 - I was able to do some "positions" I haven't done in years. I'm very flexible these days. It made the nights very fun!
NSV #6 - I hit the gym three times in Fairbanks with my sister and twice in Vegas. Our hotel had an awesome fitness center/spa that looked out over the pool. Talk about motivation.
NSV #7 - my husband told me I was beautiful every day, and he complimented me on my choice of clothing. Everything I wore he said looked gorgeous on me (I looked okay, he was just being generous with the compliments). He also said he was worried I might get "too skinny". That made me crack up, like that would ever happen. Whenever I'd see a pretty girl with a great body, I'd tell him I wanted to look like her, and he'd always say "she's way too skinny, I don't want you to look like that". I know I'll never get too skinny, I haven't been too skinny since I was about eight years old and my mother took me to the doctor because I was "too skinny". No worries of that happening again, but it was nice to hear he thought that was even a possibility. :)
It was indeed a great vacation!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
Posted by Diana at 7:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Awww, Diana! What a fantastic trip it sounds like you had! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you have an incredible hubby, and congratulations on all of the NSVs! You are doing amazing, my friend!
Post a Comment