Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Exercise...I'm just not that into you

There was a book out a few years ago, it was for single women and was about dating. I think it was called "He's just not that into you". Well, that's how I feel about exercising these days. I'm just not that into it. In fact, I think I hate it. I took seven days off and getting back into a routine is killing me.

I've worked out the last four days, hiking seven miles on Sunday, the gym Monday, Tuesday and tonight. The Monday and Tuesday workouts were really half-hearted workouts. Each gym workout was only 40 minutes long, and I had to force myself to get through it. I was miserable the entire time.

Tonight I worked out two hours. I didn't mean for that to happen. After working out 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes treadmill, I saw there was an hour-long aerobics class starting. I've only been to this particular class once before and forgot how fun it is. The music the instructor used is awesome (all current top 40 stuff), and it really made me want to move, plus it's loud, very, very loud. The instructor is my age, but she's in incredible shape. I loved the class! This is exactly what I needed, something different to get my body in gear. I'm going to hit this aerobics class Mon/Wed/Fri. According to my heart rate monitor I burned 500 calories in an hour. Not bad.

What I'm really looking forward to is this class. It starts September 30 at the YMCA I go to on my lunch hour. I can hardly wait for this class, it really looks fun. I love dancing so this sounds like the perfect exercise for me. Maybe with the new aerobics class and Zumba, I can pull myself out of this treadmill/elliptical rut I've been in for several months. I'm pretty sure sheer boredom with my exercise routine is my problem. I get bored very easily in all things, and exercising is no exception.

0 comments: