Movie review: Disfigured
If you haven't seen Disfigured yet, run, don't walk, to your local video store and rent it. It's in new releases and has won several film festival awards (it's not a foreign film). It's an excellent movie, and I totally loved it! It's billed as a movie about women and weight, so the man in your life might not appreciate it (but then again, he might). I watched it alone yesterday, in bed while I was trying to recoup from the LOB sale. My husband was at the movies with his brother seeing An American Carol (which I had no interest in - he loved it).
Disfigured is the story about Lydia, a beautiful, very overweight woman and her friendship with Darcy, a recovering anorexic who is painfully thin. It's a lovely movie, it made me cry and laugh out loud. I could feel Lydia's pain, I related to her relationship with food, but I also understood Darcy's obsession with being thin and how she deprived herself of anything pleasurable in her life. Great movie!
LOB sale - what I bought
When the doors opened it was an absolute madhouse. It was like something you've seen on TV where people go crazy grabbing stuff at a big sale. I was glad to see the prices were still super cheap.
- an almost brand new Nano iPod for $10. I already own two iPods, one almost new but I couldn't resist the price.
- a really nice Cannon digital camera for $10. I already own a Sony digital, again, the price got me.
- several DVDs and CDs for $1 each
- a new Indian blue silk Sari outfit (3 pieces) that has beautiful beading and embroidery on it and it fit, for $1.50. Don't ask me why I bought a Sari, I'm not Indian but it was so pretty, fit me, and for fifty cents for each piece of clothing I just couldn't pass it up.
- two pairs Eddie Bauer slacks, new with tags for fifty cents each (size 12 and they fit).
- several latest release books (because that's usually what people take on trips) for fifty cents each.
- new, in the package iPod headphones for fifty cents. Which kills me because I just bought new iPod headphones for $40 because my cat thought mine were a cat chew toy and destroyed them.
- a lot of other little odds and ends, just fun stuff. Like a digital thermometer that you put against your forehead and when you push a button, it takes your temperature. A little radio thing that also gets TV channels and the weather channels ($2).
My husband showed up at 10am and bought $40 of books, nothing else, just books. He's a book fanatic and went crazy. One book I saw he bought was a big coffee table type book on military submarines, I mean, why? As long as they're in his office, I'm okay with it.
No binging - day four
The best news is yesterday was night number four of no binging. I feel like a different person than I was five days ago. I did allow myself a treat at 11pm last night, but it was just a small nectarine and a Weight Watcher frozen latte bar, total of three Points, which put my Points at 25 for the day (I'm allowed 21 dailies, so I used 4 flex), and I journaled everything. No exercise, but since no sleep I decided to switch my day off from Sunday to Saturday. I'll hit the gym today.
Chili
With everyone talking about chili on their blogs, I made a big batch of it yesterday. Five Points for a cup and a half and it's delicious. With the cooler fall weather and the rain, it'll be great for lunches next week.
That's it, a day my life. It was a really good, fun day in many ways.


2 comments:
I was dying to know what you bought! What great deals! I have some beautiful Sari fabric I got on eBay that is working its way into some art projects.
CONGRATS on no binging for 4 days. That is a great accomplishment!
I am going to rent that movie this week. Thanks!
Post a Comment