Friday, October 31, 2008

Kickboxing and a date

Oh my gosh! I had the best ever workout today - kickboxing - my new favorite exercise ever!

I went to my noon Cardio Variety class with my former personal trainer, Debbie. Every Friday she teaches this class, and it's always packed because people love her. I don't mean they just like her, they LOVE her. There are all ages, teenagers, 20-30 year olds, seniors, and me (no, I'm not a senior yet!).

Every week it's something different, spinning, step aerobics, boot camp, strength. Today was the first kickboxing class. I totally loved it. I felt so strong and powerful. I don't know if it's because of my intense cardio last night, or what it was, but wow! I felt like I could punch or kick any offender to the ground. I was literally on some kind of endorphin high. 

I think I loved it because there's no "stuff" involved. No bike or step or weights or jump rope or any other paraphernalia that comes with the other classes. You're just using your body and it's so cool to feel that kind of power come from inside of me. Plus my heart rate was right up there, the same as a spinning or step class. I totally loved it!

Tonight is date night. Dinner & a movie. Not super exciting date stuff, but I'm looking forward to it. It's been a long week for both my husband and I, and we need to reconnect. I think his feelings are still hurt over the whole Nurse Ratched thing. I have some making up to do.

We're seeing this movie (scary Halloween movie!) and having dinner at the Mongolian Grill. It's one of those buffet places where you pick out the food and a chef cooks it up on a grill. I like it because I have control over the food and how much oil they use (very little on mine please). I'll have mostly sauteed veggies and chicken breasts or maybe shrimp. So many choices.  

TGIF and Happy Halloween! 

Exercise 10/31/2008:
1 hour kickboxing

1 comments:

Pamela said...

Whohoo! It sounds like you had a good day! I'm so glad you had fun in your class. It does sound like a blast. I also hope that you and your husband have a beautiful evening together. Let me know how that movie is! I love horror movies.

I've never been to the Mongolian Grill, but have always wanted to. I've heard really good things about it. How do you count points for it, though? Just try to estimate?