Since I'm on-call for my work and am required to respond to an emergency call within 30 minutes, I need to be within close access of my computer. This is so I can remote to my work computer and solve whatever software crisis that might come up. It was a great excuse to stay home this year. Usually we fly to Fairbanks (my family), or to Denver (his) or spend it with my husband's brother and his family that live nearby. We opted to stay home because if I do get called, it won't be fun. So far, so good.
The day started with my husband waking me at 4:30am with turkey questions. I answered them, then rolled over and went to back to sleep.
I got up around 7am, made some breakfast rolls, not from scatch (wahoo!) and ate one. Yes, just one. They were the Rhodes frozen orange rolls with orange icing. Ick! They were horrible. I haven't had white bread or white sugar for nine months. It was like eating nothing but sugary, sweet ickiness. I can honestly say I didn't enjoy it, which in itself is rather shocking. I used to love these things. I had no desire for a second one. One is 4 Points. My husband loved them and had three.
After breakfast I downloaded some new tunes onto my iPod and went for a one-hour jog (4.8 miles) My favorite new song is this one by the Veronicas. It's an old song from last year, but I just heard it, and it was the perfect jogging song for today.
I wanted to do the 5k Turkey Trot today, but didn't want to do it alone. My husband was too busy cooking. <---I can't tell you how much that makes me smile. So I did my own Turkey Trot through our neighborhood. I saw the picture above on the lawn of a neighbor and it made me smile (I'm smiling a lot today).
After my shower I can just relax, read my book while the husband is cooking. Dinner is at 2pm then we're heading out to the movies to see Twilight (yes he cooks and sees chick flicks with me). I'll have the on-call phone on vibrate and hope no one calls me. If they do we'll have to head home, but I'll chance it. Usually Thanksgiving Day is pretty quiet in the airline world.
Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you're loving yours as much as I'm loving mine.



4 comments:
I LOVE the Veronica's...that song is great for working out. Have a great Thanksgiving, I am glad you get to relax, you deserve it!!!
Glad you are enjoying your day.
That is a great song, Diana! Thanks for sharing! I'm so glad that it sounds like you had a great thanksgiving! To hear about you smiling makes me smile. And such a sweet thing for your hubby to agree to do all the cooking! I guess that old quote "it never hurts to ask" is true!
I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Marie Antoinette award today - you can find more info on my blog!
I hope you're still smiling!
Hi Diana,
Love the picture! It's so cute!
You are really blessed to have a great husband! Cooking and chick flicks all in the same day! Now that's awesome! ;o)
I wanted to let you know that I have also nominated you for the Marie Antoinette 'Real Blogs; Real People' Award. Check out my blog for details.
Thanks for sharing your life with me. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you! :o)
Post a Comment