Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I'm thankful for...

Some of the things I'm thankful this year, not listed in order of importance:


1.) The friends I've made in blog world. I hope you know who you are and I feel blessed to have met you. Your support and friendship have made my world a better place to live.

2.) I work for an airline that's still in business and might even post a profit this year (so the rumor mill says, but it's a secret). 

3.) I still have a great job in IT with the airline that I've been with for 25 years. I survived two rounds of layoffs and it looks like that's the end of the layoffs for now.

4.) Jet fuel has fallen to $2.12 a gallon, from a high of $4.97 a couple months ago. That's a very good thing in my world.

5.) I've lost 72 pounds this year. This was a monumental task for me.

6.) I have my health, which is something for someone at a "mature" age (53).

7.) I'm physically fit. I work out a lot and it's paid off. I actually have some muscles now.

8.) My husband, who puts up with me and my moods. Who still loves me after 20 years. Just so you know, I'm not terribly easy to live with.

9.) My kitty, Mickey Mouse. I love that cat that thinks he's a dog.

10.) My family. I somehow got blessed with the most awesome family in the entire world. Their only flaw is that they all live in Alaska and I live in Seattle. 

11.) My friends. I was also somehow blessed with some incredible friends. I'll never know how I got so lucky in life.

12.) Debbie, my Friday aerobics instructor and my former personal trainer. This was the smartest thing I did all year, hiring Debbie for 11 personal training sessions. I really believe she changed my life for the better.

13.) Our President-Elect, Barack Obama.

My list of things for which I'm thankful for is actually endless. I'm very thankful for a lot of things this year!

3 comments:

Skye-Lynn said...

Awe, Diana, what a sweet list! And a great idea. You sure have been blessed this year and I hope 2009 is just as successful for you! :o)

LastJourneyDown said...

What an amazing journey. I commented on your photos too - you've done an incredible job - I'm so inspired! And I love this post! So very thoughtful. May you continue to have wonderful and meaningful things in your life!

Cat said...

Those are all great things to be thankful for.

You are doing so well. Can't wait to see you make your goal in 2009!