I mentioned yesterday I haven't been journaling and have just been "eyeballing" my food, keeping a tally of my Points in my head. Just so you know, that doesn't work.
Yesterday I made a half-assed attempt to log my Points online, but stopped after lunch. Tonight I just finished entering all my food for today into the online Weight Watcher Points Tracker, and all I can say is 1) Holy Crap! and 2) I should enter my food before I eat it.
Check it out:
Breakfast
1 egg - 2 Points
1 Thomas Light multi-grain muffin - 1 Point
1 sl. regular cheddar cheese (not my usual 2%, I only had the reg. stuff) - 3 Points
1 sl. turkey bacon - 1 Point
Total breakfast - 7 Points
pre-workout snack
1 lg. banana - 2 Points
1 Activia yogurt - 1 Point
Total snack - 3 Points
Lunch
1 cup turkey/veggie chili - 4 Points
steamed broccol - 0 Points
1 cup grapes - 1 Point
1 persimmon - 2 Points
Total Lunch - 7 Points
Afternoon snack
3 oz. turkey breast - 3 Points
Dinner
Salmon - 10 Points!!!!!!
Brussels Sprouts - 0 Points
1 T. Smart Balance - 2 Points
1 1/2 c. 1% milk - 3 Points
Dinner 13 Points
Snack
Large apple - 2 Points
Total for the day - 37 Points
Are you kidding me?! Can you see why this post is titled "Holy Crap Diana!"? I seriously thought I was doing good, eating healthy, being OP. I shouldn't have had more than 29 Points, my 20, plus the 4 APs and maybe 5 Flex. That adds up to 29, not 37! That's about 400 extra calories that I didn't need (1 Point = approximately 50 calories).
When I look at what I ate today, I'm astounded I ate so much food, and at my poor choices. What was I thinking, a slice of cheese for 3 Points?! Smart Balance, 2 Points, I never use this stuff. Salmon, 10 Points! And what's with all the high Point snacks, when did I start that? What came over me? It was like I was a woman possessed by a food demon.
Funny, it didn't feel like that much food when I was eating it. I was starving hungry all day, I actually wanted to eat a lot more food than what I actually ate.
So I have a new plan, journal the food BEFORE I put it in my mouth. Obviously I have a problem with the whole "eyeball, tally in my head thing". I have to be stricter with myself, plan out my food for the day, plan out the Points I'm going to eat before I eat them.
Someday I'm going to get this thing figured out. For the immediate future, I'm just aiming for no more 'holy crap!' days.


2 comments:
I'm such a journal addict because I know that if I don't plan things out and write things down my points will go through the roof! Maybe a bit of a control freak too!! LOL
Get that journal out girl!
I think I'm about to sum up this entire year for me as a "holy crap" year. Especially the past month. I think we're talking 80+ point days. It's no wonder I've regained so much.
I have to give you credit though for getting back with your journaling. Hopefully your example will sink into my thick skull!
Post a Comment