I didn't go anywhere, no exotic vacation, no crazy work schedule, I just took a ten-day break from blogging. I had a post up last Thursday for about eight hours but I deleted it because I sounded so negative, and I thought I might offend some people.
Yesterday it occurred to me that I'm really writing this blog for me. If it happens to help anyone trying to lose weight, that's great. If it entertains anyone for just a couple minutes, that makes me happy. If no one cares or is interested in what I write here, it doesn't really matter. It's just a journal of sorts, of my life and my struggles trying to lose weight.
So where am I on this journey to lose 104 pounds? I've been pretty good, food wise, on my ten-day blogging sabbatical, which is unusual. Usually when we stop blogging, we also stop everything else that's good for us. I did stop journaling my food, which I need to get back to. I did not stop exercising, I've been working out like a fool. Yesterday was a two-hour workout, strength and cardio. I haven't been doing the healthy eight or my water, and I may have gone over my Points a few times.
The real question is what do I weigh? That's the indicator if I've totally screwed up or not. Well, I screwed up a little. I weighed in yesterday at a Sunday Weight Watchers meeting that they just added at my center. I was up 1.6 pounds, current weight 167.6, which puts my loss back down to 71.6. Oddly, I'm not freaked out about this. I suppose I should be, I had a gain, which is never a good thing. It was a deserved gain, because I haven't really really been working the plan for about three weeks. I've eaten clean, but I've eaten too much. Not weighing and measuring my food, I've been eyeballing it and my eyeball isn't very accurate. I have kept up with the exercise, which is probably why I didn't gain more weight.
Today I'm back, full force, on Weight Watchers, working the plan. Journaling, water, counting Points, Healthy Eight Guidelines, and all that other crap I have to do and be vigilant about in order to lose weight. Let your guard down for one minute or as in my case, three weeks, and bam! I gain weight. I'm stopping this slippery ride right now. I'm back!
Monday, November 17, 2008
What happened?
Posted by Diana at 6:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Welcome Back! I missed you!!
Just came accross your Blog, You are doing and looking great.!!! Keep it up!
Glad to see you back!!
Awesome outlook on your gain!
I'm the same way...If I go off plan and see a gain I can take it like a big girl (although I know for myself if I took 3 weeks off I would do a lot more damage than 1.6 pounds!)
I'm sorry about your gain, Diana! But I also agree that 1.6 pounds in three weeks is amazing! (especially considering I could probably gain that in about 3 hours based on recent experience!)
I wish I could find the energy and dedication that you have for your exercise.
I know! How about if you exercise for me? Great! I knew you'd love that idea! :o)
THis was a great post, Diana! Exactly how I want to approach blogging. It's for ME. You rock, and I'm enjoying your writing so mucn.....
Post a Comment