My first day back trying to be 100% OP has gone to hell. I always have breakfast, ALWAYS. I have two favorite breakfasts and rarely deviate from them. I'll either have pumpkin oat groats with 1/2 ounce of walnuts and 1/2 cup of 1% milk, or an egg sandwich with a Thomas light multi-grain muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice 2% sharp cheddar cheese and 1 slice turkey bacon. Each is 6 Points.
Somehow time got away from me this morning, and I was rushing out the door with a peppermint chocolate Luna Bar in hand (gag), 3 Points and a cup of coffee. I don't even like Luna Bars, but I have it my head that I have to eat breakfast, even if it is processed food pretending to be health food.
My morning at work was crazy, out of control. My assistant is in a training class this week so I have to beta test and deploy my application on my own this week. I seriously think this is against our IT policy (I'm actually sure it is), but there's no one available so I'm on my own. It has to be deployed this week which means tomorrow will be spent at the airport with the users.
Before I knew it, it was lunch time, and I had a pedicure appointment. No time for lunch or to even grab anything.
Finally, at 3pm I had a moment to heat up my lunch. Which was suppose to be a killer turkey/veggie chili I made a few weeks ago and froze. I love to steam some fresh broccoli and pour the chili over it. It's a huge serving of food, five Points. I also had some cherry tomatoes and one cup of green grapes. I heated up my chili, anticipating the great taste. I took the lid off the container...and it was NOT chili. It was tomato sauce! Plain tomato sauce in a container exactly like what I use for my chili, that was sitting on the shelf where I keep the frozen chili. Okay, so I didn't mark my chili, but he didn't mark the tomato sauce. Plus, who freezes a cup of tomato sauce, I mean, why? Answer: apparently my husband.
Lunch ended up being the cherry tomatoes, steamed broccoli and grapes. I'm freaking starving! It's 4:30pm and I've had a total of 4 Points today. This is no way to start out being on the straight and narrow of living the OP life. I can feel my metabolism plummeting. Plus, I have to work out tonight since I didn't go at lunch.
To add insult to injury, someone brought in two bags of a gourmet Christmas candy, and it's sitting about five feet from my desk. I've walked past it about fifty times so far today. I'm not in the mood for candy though, or tomato sauce, I'm in the mood for chili! My chili, my chili, my kingdom for my chili!


3 comments:
Umm.... me? I have 3 or 4 containers of tomato sauce in the freezer.
Oohhh, that must have sucked! :o( And you are not alone! My husband does the same thing. I once brought to work what I thought was chicken noodle soup and it ended up being lima beans! Yuck! Needless to say, I wasn't too happy! lol
Now don't get me wrong, it's okay if you or I were to do it, but how dare they not label something! lol
Okay, I know it's not funny, but I did kind of crack up at what I imagine was the expression on your face when you opened it and saw the tomato sauce! I'm so sorry you're having a rough day! Your work sounds absolutely crazy, but I hope that it gets a bit better. It's too bad that there isn't someone else that you can drag in to help you while your assistant is out.
I have to admit that just the sound of that peppermint chocolate luna bar sounds atrocious! I've never had a Luna bar, but I have heard good things about them. I just always thought they were too many points for a bar.
I hope you were able to get something to eat before you worked out! It would be awful if you passed out from hunger while you're exerting yourself! You should have made your hubby bring you your chili! :o)
Post a Comment