smash it turn it off, I was totally awake. It makes the most excruciating beeping, backing-up-truck sound, I hate it. Thanks Tony for that tip!
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Early to bed, early to rise
Thank you to all you wonderful morning people and wanna-be-morning people, with your encouragement and suggestions on becoming a morning person.
You'll be pleased to know I was at the gym by 5:20am today. I had a super workout from 5:20am to 7am. Thirty minutes on the treadmill at 4.0/6.0/7.0 miles per hour. I can actually do 6mph for three-minute intervals and the 7mph for one whole minute, then the 4mph for two minutes, and repeat. I also did a full hour of weights. I may have overdone the weights because my arms are like jelly now. Plus 35 push ups and two sets of lunges, 20 reps each set. Did I ever mention I HATE lunges? Hurt like hell and gets my heart rate up to 130, yet I'm barely moving (my resting pulse is 48).
The best suggestion was the alarm clock under the bed. After getting on my hands and knees trying to reach the blasted thing so I could
About the shoes, I put two pairs in my car this morning, thanks to Pamela and Skye's suggestion. I've done this before and what has happened is I've worn them after work to work out, went home with them still on my feet, and they never made it back into my car. Of course with my morning workout, not having shoes won't be a problem, since I leave the house fully dressed for my workout.
I'm still going to stick with my noon cardio variety class on Fridays just because I simply love it. My former personal trainer is the teacher and it's totally fun. Always something different, spinning, kick boxing, step aerobics, or interval training. It's worth the $30 a month at the YMCA near my work just for this class once a week. I told my husband it was sort of a waste of money for one class a week, but he said whatever works for me, keep doing it, he doesn't care how much it costs. Interesting comment coming from a guy that was a banker for twenty years and always is trying to keep me on a budget.
I was actually in bed by 10pm last night, and I think asleep a little after that, so I got a good seven hours of rest. That made getting up a lot easier.
My thoughts on this morning routine is that it's not so bad. There's more positive about it than negative. One added benefit that I realized this morning is that I sort of feel, well, like a superior being for getting my butt out of bed before 0500 (it was actually 0440). I know that's silly, but it's something I've noticed about morning people. They give off an air of "I get up early, therefore I'm not a lazy bum and I'm smarter than those who lay in bed until 7am." Maybe I've just been reading too much into those comments of "you get up when?!" or "you don't use an alarm clock?!", but that's what it has always seemed like to me.
Perhaps there is something to "Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise." Ha! Who am I kidding, maybe healthy, but forget the wealthy and wise. Negative on those last two, but I'll take healthy. Healthy is good.
Posted by Diana at 2:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Glad to see things are better on your end. :o) I really liked Tony's suggestion about the alarm clock and I'm glad to see it works. And good for you for putting 2 pairs in your car!
You sound like you have a great husband, too! How supportive!
There is one thing that I beg to differ on though. I think that rising early will help you to make wise decisions when it comes to food and exercise. I know that after putting in that much effort to exercise, you are sure to be more careful about what you eat! :o) So you are wise, too and that's also good!
I'm with Skye, I'm glad she objected to the "wise" comment, 'cause I knew I'd have to. You are definitely a wise woman!
And still my inspiration in the exercise world! Wow! Now I just need to take that inspiration and get my own butt in gear.
I agree about your husband, too. My first thought was wow, he must really love you. For a banker to say don't worry about the money!
You're doing amazing, Diana!
Post a Comment